CHEWY, GLUTEN-FREE DERBY PIE OATMEAL COOKIES COME TOGETHER WITH BROWN BUTTER, BOURBON, AND CHOCOLATE CHUNKS.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup oat flour – process whole oats in a food processor or high powered blender until fine
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks (more depending on your preference)
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let it melt, bubble up and brown.
- Just when it browns and you see toasty flecks floating in the liquid, carefully add the bourbon, let it bubble and remove from the heat. Set this aside and let it come to room temperature. You can pop it in the fridge if you need to.
- While the bourbon butter cools, mix together the oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk or fork in a separate bowl.
- Full instruction visit @missallieskitchen