This recipe for Whole30 steak bites is packed with tons of flavor and huge pops of vitamins thanks to colorful sweet potatoes and bell peppers. It's an easy, approachable weeknight dinner recipe that's ready in under 45 minutes.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 ounces) diced into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 lb flat iron steak diced into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers seeded and diced into 1" pieces
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Place the diced sweet potatoes into a microwave safe bowl, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with a plate and microwave on high until just barely tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir once halfway through. The potatoes are ready when you can piece one with the tip of a knife and meet just a bit of resistance. Take care not to overcook at this stage or they'll turn out mushy later.
- Heat a 12” skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the steak in a single layer. Cook, turning every two minutes, until the pieces are browned and the center is medium, about 10 minutes. Remove the steak from the skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside onto a plate.
- Add the third tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add the sweet potatoes, toss to coat in the fat and cook until browned, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Full instructions visit @oursaltykitchen