Canestrelli a wonderfully delicious Italian Cookie, an almost shortbread type cookie but with a crunch, fast and easy. The perfect afternoon tea cookie.
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar (75 grams)
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons corn starch (100 grams)
- 2/3 cup cold butter cut into pieces* (150 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 hard boiled egg (use just the yolks)
- zest 1/2 lemon
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water, heat until boiling, then remove from heat and let sit 8-10 minutes. Place under cold water. Remove shell when cooled, separate the white from yolk and mash just the yolk part, well with a fork.
- In a food processor whisk together flour, sugar, salt, corn starch and zest, then add cold butter and vanilla, pulse a few times to mix, add egg yolks and pulse until almost combined, move to a lightly floured flat surface and knead gently until combined. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least an hour or two or even overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 335° (170° celsius). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Full instructions visit @anitalianinmykitchen