These Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies are an easy and frightfully fun treat to enjoy this October! With a chocolate pastry crust cut out in Jack-O-Lantern shapes and canned cherry pie filling, this handheld dessert will be a hit at Halloween parties!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter, very cold and grated or cubed
- 10-12 tablespoons ice cold whole milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and cubed butter in a large food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form (about 15 to 20 pulses). You could also use a large bowl and pastry cutter instead, if you don't have a food processor.
- Slowly drizzle in the cold milk while pulsing or stirring with a fork, if not using a food processor. The dough will be slightly shaggy and soft, but if it is still looking too dry, add another tablespoon or two of milk. Divide the dough into two discs and wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- When ready to make the hand pies, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Full instructions visit @houseofnasheats