- 1 cup all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon ice cold water
- about 32 black sesame seeds, for eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients (flour through salt) in a medium bowl. Add butter and mix with your fingertips until evenly mixed and looks like sand. Add ice cold water and mix with your hands to get a slightly smooth dough (add 1/2-1 teaspoon additional water if required). The dough should be firm, yet smooth.
- Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece with the palm of hands on the kitchen counter to get a 16-inch (approximately) long rope of even thickness. Don’t bother if it breaks, just pinch it back together and proceed.
- Full instructions visit @kitchenathoskins